Re: When is the Last Time You Booted to Windows?

On 2/16/06, Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-02-16 at 13:19 -0500, David Cary Hart wrote:
> > I have dual-booted my laptop since RH9.
> >
> > With the maturity of applications like OpenOffice and vast
> > improvements in wine I have come to the wonderful conclusion that I
> > can reclaim those partitions when I install FC5.
> >
> > The only reason that I even use wine is to view web development in
> > IE6.
> >
> > Goodbye MS.
> >
> ;( unfortunately 3 days ago.
>
> I have a laptop that is on Windows for the sole reason of running the
> cisco vpn client, and to access a web site that only accepts the IE
> browser to enter time for one admin position I hold.
>
> If anyone knows how I can get past these two blocks I will be M$ free
> again (as I had been for 2 years, until the last 3 months).
>
> Jeff
>
> --

I  installed Ubuntu on my Dell Inspiron 6000 a week or so ago.  At the
time I did that I ordered the software (they don't send that WITH the
computer any more) in case I wanted to install an XP partition.  But
you know what?  I just don't need it.  The only time I miss it is when
I'm trying to tell my girlfriend what to click on over the phone.
She'll be here in March and we're going to finish converting her
laptop to Linux then.

Bye Bye Bill.

John Purser