Re: Delivery time expiration

James Wilkinson ha scritto / said the following il giorno/on 15/02/2006 19:03:
Scot L. Harris wrote:
I think you misunderstand what greylisting is.  Your first message to an
MTA that uses greylisting will be delayed.  The delay is a function of
your MTA's retry process.  Once that first message is allowed through
subsequent messages are auto-whitelisted.  Most implementations expire
auto-whitelisted sites so periodically one of your messages may be
delayed again.

I think one problem arises if a different server retries the e-mail. Red
Hat's greylisting software will see that the email comes from a
different IP address, and delay it again with another 451.

Worse, once the e-mail has got through from one server, the others won't
retry. The greylisting software will spot that the other servers tried
to send an e-mail and didn't continue until the e-mail was successfully
delivered, and mark the servers as "dodgy".

Antonio's best bet is to e-mail the mailing list owner (see the URL in
the standard list signature), and see if Red Hat can whitelist his ISP.
Obviously, I can make no guarantees that they *will*.

James.

James,

just done!!! am I the only one with this problem??? the real problem is that I can't solve all other problems (see my posts about strange things in Yum....)

--
Antonio

Skype: antoniomontag
Mail by Thunderbird 1.5 - Websurfing by Firefox 1.5
Linux Fedora Core 4 on Home
Linux user number 362582
http://www.linuxsaronno.net
http://www.montagnani.org