Re: Cups hoisted me on my own petard.

akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 10:14:06AM -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

After explaining to others how to use cups to print through a print
server and print to a local printer I have come up with a "situation".
Well that is a little surprising. Can anyone explain this or give me
another solution to allow me to print to both types of printers?

A question probably better asked on the cups mailing list(s).

That is probably true but I hoped that someone one the Fedora List
had built a system that had both local and remote printers and could
give me a tip.

Fair enough, here's what works for me, edit /etc/cups/cupsd.conf:
#
# BrowsePoll: poll the named server(s) for printers
#
BrowsePoll <remote_cups_server>

-- Rex