Re: apache woes forbidden strange

Dan wrote:
yaa i know that. its just been bugging me for so many hours and im running
out of things to try, so i thought id try giving it every access i could
find.

I tried renaming the file, moving it to another directory, but still apache
cannot see it.  Everyone else can, even my normal user..
Sounds like when I wanted to serve from /var/local with Apache on WBEL. It turned out to be selinux getting in the way. I forget which, but there's a program to run ...

Also, "moving"* a file doesn't change its selinux ACLs (or ownership and permissions). "Copying" gives the new file the appropriate new ACLs.

* Probably unless the destination's on a different filesystem.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait