Re: Kernel 2.6.15-1.1830 lock-up issues

On Wed, 8 Feb 2006, Claude Jones wrote:

You might try booting into runlevel 1 and trying a yum update. I doubt you
have the same issues as I, because your description is much more severe. My
symptoms were cured by a new fglrx module from Livna - the first one they
created had problems, and the subsequent one fixed my issue. fglrx, in case
you don't know, is the proprietary driver from ATI for their line of video
cards.

Thanks for the help, but yum update can't open "//var/log/yum.log" from rescue mode. That's not a typo, and that's not my biggest concern anymore right now either. I think I have a superblock hosed on my /home directory.

Nancy

nancym@xxxxxxxxx  ..... (future) http://www.charm.net/~nancym/
The Kitties Page  ...........  http://members.aol.com/Mysnats/
My Sister's Karaoke Site ............  http://karaokeklub.com/