Re: Changing port hangs sshd

> > A customer had a similar problem.  It was caused by a firewall / router
> > box (sorry, forgot which) at his end killing the connection because of
> > its own (stupid) idea that the connection was idle for too long.
>
> I've seen this even for cheap NAT boxes that time-out the NAT mapping
> after 10 minutes or so of not seeing a packet.  Adding the following to
> /etc/ssh/sshd_config fixed that problem, along with cleaning up any
> idle connections that are related to a machine just dropping off the
> net without first exiting sshd.
>
>       ClientAliveInterval  60
>       ClientAliveCountMax  30

Thanks for the idea but it made no difference. I also verified that
were no processes that could be blocking the incoming ssh connection.

My server is not behind any sort of NAT. However localy I am, but this
doesn't cause any sort of problem with the multiple other SSH servers
I have used over the years.

-Mauriat