BEFVP41 vs RV042 ... input please

Anyone have experience with the Linksys VPN routers? I'm looking for input for a VPN DEVICE compatible with Linux? I'd like to have something in place by the end of the week. There are two hardware units I'm looking at...

Linksys BEFVP41:
Linksys site: http://tinyurl.com/a9zsq

Pricegrabber: http://tinyurl.com/74kk8

Linksys RV042:

Linksys site: http://tinyurl.com/c7d5m

Pricegrabber: http://tinyurl.com/9tqk7

The RV042 is about $50 more than the BEFVP41 but it will appearently balance the outgoing connections between both cable and DSL. Since both are in the house, this may be beneficial. I wonder how well it works, however.

In any case, I'm worried about HOW the client machines will connect to the VPN. Most VPN vendors bring with them a proprietary client software application (both Cisco and Nortel do). I am HOPING that we can just enable IPSec on the Linux clients and automagically connect in somehow. Point being, all three (Windows, Mac, Linux) need to play well with it.

Thanx,
Ryan