Re: Looking for a database

Gene Heskett wrote:
On Monday 30 January 2006 13:07, CodeHeads wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 17:47:40 +0000

Paul Smith <phhs80@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/30/06, bobgoodwin <bobgoodwin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
As desktop databases for Linux, I guess one can only find
OpenOffice Base and Kexi, is not it?
Rekall is in Fedora Extras
http://www.rekallrevealed.org/
That sounds and looks interesting. Has anyone installed and tried
rekall??  Just curious.

There is also announcement by IBM earlier today that DB2 was being free'ed in a smaller scale version that won't tun on huge SMP machines as its only limitation.

I'm not a DB guru, but shouldn't that be at least looked at?
I havn't got any info on this yet, but I would suspect that it is supposed
to run on Red Hat Enterprise edition. Even though it may run on Fedora as well, chosing some free database that is well tested on that platform is probably a better option.

Regards
Uno Engborg