Re: fc4 64 bits an msi neo4

bsnottum@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hallo!

I am trying to install fc4 server on a machine with a Msi neo4
motherboard. The motherboard has nforce chipset.

I keep getting kernel errors after installation - I think they are ralated
to the sata drivers. Does anyone know if there are any reported erors with
this motherboard/ chipset and fc4?
I have a MSI K8N Neo4 Platinum motherboard and it works great with FC4. But I think you should specify if the board is AMD or Intel based.

I have read reports of problems with Seagate drives and the Silicon Image sata controller that is on my board. The SI controller is an add-on controller, and I chose not to use it to avoid problems. I also had fun getting the second gigabit controller working. It requires the sky2 driver which isn't in the standard FC4 kernels. I had to use the netdev kernels from John Linville, http://people.redhat.com/linville/kernels/fedora-netdev/. Luckily the sky2 driver has been merged into the development kernels so it should just work with FC5.