Re: IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad UltraNav on Fedora

On Sun, 29 Jan 2006, Thomas Springer wrote:

Am Sonntag, den 29.01.2006, 16:10 +0100 schrieb Uno Engborg:

I have an T-Series with FC4 installed.

-Will both the rubber stick and the touchpad area work at the same time?
Yes.

- Can I use the upper three buttons as a normal 3-button mouse, or will
the middle mouse button be uses in conjunction with the rubber stick to
control scrolling. (Or can I configure that somehow, I think I would have
preferred it as 3 buggon mouse).

Yes.

- Is it hard to setup? What is the function out of the box without no
special tweaking of /etc/X11/xorg.conf apart from what you get from the
normal GUI fedora installer.

WorksForMe.

http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/synaptics.shtml may be useful.

- Can I use the two large mouse buttons (the ones closest to the user)
to emulate a three button mouse?

Yes.

Anything else I should be aware of? With respect to UltraNav or
Thinkpads in general (most likely some R-series model).

Suspend/Resume doesn't work out-of-the-box.

http://www.ces.clemson.edu/linux/suspend_mem.shtml

I don't think the latest ones have the Radeon suspend issue, but I'm not sure.

I tried to give you only trustful information:-)

From what i read in your post i believe you *want* to buy a tp rsn.
Here you can find a lot of advise:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/ThinkWiki

--