Re: IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad UltraNav on Fedora

Yep. http://www.charlescurley.com/Lenovo.R51.html

> Many people say that it works, but the question is, what does that mean?
> The device consists of 5 buttons, a little rubber stick in the keyboard,
> and a more normal
> touch pad.
>
> -Will both the rubber stick and the touchpad area work at the same
> -time?

Yes. Which can be a hazard if you are used to using the stick and
resting your wrist on the computer while you do so.

> - Can I use the upper three buttons as a normal 3-button mouse, or will
> the middle mouse button
> be uses in conjunction with the rubber stick to control scrolling. (Or
> can I configure that somehow,
> I think I would have preferred it as 3 buggon mouse).

The upper three buttons constitute a 3 buttom mouse, which I use with
the stick.

> - Is it hard to setup? What is the function out of the box without no
> special tweaking of /etc/X11/xorg.conf apart
>  from what you get from the normal GUI fedora installer.

I did nothing special. It worked "out of the box".

> - Can I use the two large mouse buttons (the ones closest to the user)
> to emulate a three button mouse?

Yes, but you may want to play with the definition of "simultaneous" in
your X configuration. I haven't done so; I use the upper 3.

> If it works will it need any kernel recompilations? Or does it work just
> out of the box? Not that kernel
> recompilation is that difficult, it is just that it is much easier just
> to be able to grab security updates from
> yum without doing anything special.

Works out of the box, as does most of the hardware.

See the notes on my web page. http://www.charlescurley.com/Lenovo.R51.html.