Re: FC4 - File System with Errors!

On Saturday 28 January 2006 19:37, Hoffmann wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I realized that since the beginning of the week,
> during the booting process, I have got the follow
> error:
>
> /1. Contains a file system with errors, check forced.
>
> In the majority of the times, after that error, the
> system restarts normally.
Why are you gettting that so often? You should only get the file system check
only if your system crashes or you power it off without a proper shutdown.
Either that, or your disk is going bad.

> However, one day, it didn't
> work, and I needed to cut the power off manually.
That fixed the issue? I'm surprised. You should have used fsck to check your
filesystem completely.

> What does that error mean? Should I reinstall Fedora,
> just in case?
Either your system wasn't shut down properly or your harddisk is dying...

Peter.