Re: sharing fc3 swap space with Centos

Ankush Grover wrote:
Hey friends,

 I have FC3 installed on a machine.Now I want to dual boot fc3 with  Centos
on that machine ,how do I share the swap space of fc3 with Centos and also
can i share more partitions like opt with Centos. On FC3 the size of /opt is
7 GB as i have installed few 3rd party softwares and I want to use those
softwares in Centos without again installing those softwares.

This comment is for those to follow:-)

Sharing swap is not always a good idea, and my laptop is an example where it wouldn't be.

Currently, it's running SUSE 10, and it does suspend to disk sometimes, for example when the battery goes flat and when I press fn and the special zed key.

It saves itself to the swap partition, and I really don't know what would happen if I booted with a different kernel (especially a kernel from a different distro). One likely result is that I'd lose the suspended state.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait