Re: mp3 plugin for rhythmbox

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 22:09 +0100, umberto rossi wrote:
> Since my Rhythmbox does not read MP3s I have downloaded a plugin from
> Fluendo, because several websites said that was an easy solution, but
> now that I have the file (libgstflump3dec.so) I do not know where I
> should put it... the instructions in the install file that cames with
> the plugin do not seem to have had any real effect (they should create a
> folder and copy the file there, but it seems the folder has not been
> created, or I haven't been able to find it). Anyway, the Rythmbox can't
> read mp3s...

Does that work with the GStreamer 0.8 shipped with a stock Fedora
install? Probably not...

What you may want to do is install the appropriate package(s) from
Livna's repository, as explained in the unofficial Fedora FAQ.[1]

[1] http://www.fedorafaq.org/#mp3
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
GnuPG Public Key: 0xDA3634D7