Re: how to remove packages from yum upgrade

Paul Howarth wrote:

It looks like your "yum remove" didn't work. Which kernel packages are actually still installed?

$ rpm -qa '*kernel*'

Immediately after the 'yum remove',
# rpm -qa 'kernel*'
kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
kernel-doc-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
kernel-smp-devel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
kernel-smp-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
kernel-devel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4

That query won't pick up the offending modules. Note the asterisk *before* "kernel".

Paul.

Oh, sorry, you're right. But, I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, because actually now, I am not getting the errors about those packages. However, some things (the 2.6.14 kernel) are still not installed. Now that I look at it, it looks like it may be out of disk space. (189MB of 9.5GB available on /). I guess an "all packages" install was a mistake... I guess I'll just re-install and choose my packages...

Thanks for the replies.

Ken