Re: reading a 32-fat HD with fedora

Il gio, 2006-01-26 alle 10:30, Alessandro Brezzi ha scritto:
> 2006/1/26, umberto rossi <umbertorossi_000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> open an xterm or switch to a text console (ALT+CTRL+1 or 2 ... 6);

Done.

>  become root with "su -" (the - is for have the std env of root, like
> PATH ...) and then follow the instruction.

I did it by rebooting the system and logging in as root. Ok.

Now comes the new problem. The fdisk -l command told me the second hard
disk is called hdb1 (I mean the part of the HD where the data are). It
also told me that the external HD is called sda or something like that.
But when I issue the mount command for the hdb1 I receive a message that
tells me that the hdb1 device does not exist in the etc/fstab and
etc/mtab files. The syntax I used is:

mount dev/hdb1 /home/berto/ubik

ubik being a folder I created for the second HD.

Is there a mistake in my command syntax, or should I directly edit the
fstab file? I understand doing that ain't that simple, though...

I might also copy more accurately what the fdisk command produces, if
that may help.