Re: iso disk problems

Anne Ramey wrote:
I'm trying to create iso disks for fedora core 3 i386. So far I have 3 coasters, two that won't boot and one that boots up, but is corrupt. Is there a better way to do this? I've downloaded the isos directly from redhat and I've used two different computers to do the CD burning. Is there a way I can get the needed info over the newtork directly onto the machine itself for a new install...maybe using the rescue CD?

Anne

To install via http
boot using the rescue or boot.iso cds
on the command line type linux askmethod
then choose http method
and give the cerver name and directory

for example
download.fedora.com   (as name)
pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/os (as a dir)

and follow as usual installations

--
Yonas Abraham, PhD
Registered Linux user number 407343 http://counter.li.org