Re: Can I delete *FC3* files from my FC4 system?

Nat Gross wrote:
On 1/25/06, Paul Howarth <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>

I would suggest that you updated your yum configuration to include the
"fc4" versions of the third-party repositories you use, then do a "yum
update". That should replace most of the "fc3" packages with "fc4"
versions.

1. Didn't the FC4 upgrade change the yum url's?

Yes, but only for the "official" repositories.

2. Looking at the url's in /etc/yum.d/*.repo, there is no hint of fc3
or fc4 in the url. How do I know where (and if) to point to for fc4.

The $releasever variable in the .repo files expands to "3" on FC3 and "4" on FC4.

Which repos do you have configured? If you do a "yum check-update", which repositories are listed?

Did you download rpm packages and install them manually using rpm, or do you always use yum?

Paul.