Re: Remodifying Yum Updater

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 09:09 -0700, under.actuate@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> You know, I've looked for the yum file.  All I can find is a folder
> called yum with a simple txt file called yum-daily.yum.  I also found
> yum.conf (which I've messed around with quite a bit).  I can't find
> the rpm package. How do I download it again?

You can web browse to a Fedora mirror site and download the YUM RPM
file, then install it with RPM.  If you already know the address to the
file on a server, you can use that with the RPM tool to directly
download and install it.

The last version I have installed on my PC is: yum-2.4.1-1.fc4 installed
from the yum-2.4.1-1.fc4.noarch.rpm somewhere around December 13-16.

I read messages from the public lists.