Re: Blurry monitor on FC4

From: "Kam Leo" <kam.leo@xxxxxxxxx>

On 1/20/06, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/20/06, jdow <jdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> From: "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

[snip]

I just poked around a bit in the winbox's Control Panel and could not
find anti-aliasing settings. Nor in KDE Contol Center. They both are
on 1024*768 screen resolution at 85 Hz (not mHz!). The linbox has an
AMD proccessor with the graphics card built into the Mother Board. The
winbox is a P4 with a seperate AGP port and a 32 meg card (dont
remember which one). The monitor _is_ connected via extension cable,

The extension cable may be the problem. What happens when you remove
the extension cable and connect the monitor directly to your Linux
box?

If you look closely at the example text he posted you'll notice the
anti-aliasing to kill the blockiness on the characters is a little
thick leading to almost a shadowed appearance. For it to appear on a
screen shot for video still in computer memory one must conclude it is
not on the cable going outside.

{^_-}