Re: FC-4 Wireless Problem

But when I try to connect, I get:

[root pauli gcovar]# ifup wlan0
Error for wireless request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20) :
    SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.

Determining IP information for wlan0... failed.

----------------------

Does anyone know what this error is and how to correct it? Any feedback
will be appreciated.

Teilhard.

What kind of wireless adaptor is it?

It's the Linksys WUSB11 Ver. 2.6, with the Atmel chip. Fedora recognizes it out of the box, and installs the right driver. It works without a single problem in Mandriva, and of course, WinXP.

I've got an Intel IPW2915ABG in my
Thinkpad T43.  I get exactly the same message on boot, but it seems to
be harmless and I can connect anyway.  This started happening in driver
1.0.8 I think...

Do you think it is possible to downgrade?

Are you sure you're not connected after seeing this message? Does
iwconfig report that you are not associated with an access point?

Positive. I'll tell you later what iwconfig says after the "failed" outcome, because I am responding from Window$.

Best regards,

Alastair

P.S. cc: me if you reply

Of course.