Re: Suspend to RAM (FC4)

on 01/12/2006 08:32 AM tla-ml@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

        I have make it working on my IBM T30, I use this guide.

heh... thinkpads are famous by supporting linux probably the best among all the laptops.

        http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_acpid

        I know it is a ThinkPad site, but there is a lot of information, so
        maybe you will get some ideas.

I see you guys even got some special driver ibm_acpi for your laptops. Unfortunately I was not able to find neither cpmpaq_acpi nor hp_acpi drivers. Someone has to write those yet.

the only thing that bothers me is the message from /var/log/messages

localhost kernel: ibm_acpi: ec object not found

how come that this ibm_acpi is on my machine?

Thanks for the link anyway. The script they are using is very similar to mine, but mine laptop does not wake up after sleep.

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./