Re: SBLive 24 bit card?

Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;

I just brought home a new SBLive 24 bit card, marked SB0410 on the box.

I haven't installed it yet,figuring I'd make sure about the drive4s for it and build a kernel with support before diong the install.

The idea is to let the onboard audio be dedicated to Skype etc, while system sounds and my ogg collection come out of the new card.

Does anyone know if the emu10k1 drivers in the kernel tree will still drive this card like they did my much (>5 years) older SBLive?

The Live 24bit is a completely different chip and requires a different driver. There is a driver for the card. I bought one about a year ago, got it half working under Linux, and in the end returned it. The driver may have improved quite a bit since I used it last. So it is probably with a try in your case, but I have been buying Audigy2 Value cards instead. They are more expensive, but use the emu10k1 driver that has been around for years.