Re: setting up 2 dvd's

On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 04:23:01PM -0500, George Hare wrote:
> Thanks for replying Kenny. I did not run Kudzu, but I have the same
> /etc/fstab entries as you.
> /dev/hdd                /media/cdrecorder       auto
> pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
> /dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder1      auto
> pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
> I use gnome and when I check my Hardware Browser, the Benq is listed
> there as well.
> --
> G. Hare
>
> --
Well earlier in this afternoon I talked about fixing a problem with my
machine which involved the existence of a /sys directory on the system.
Without this directory no entries are placed in fstab and /media entries
will not appear for your devices.

Now I don't understand this completely yet but there is more than
kudzu involved in making your devices usable. The mysterious hal must
be involved.

Also I would expect udev is somewhere involved in creating the
appropriate /dev files.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University