Re: setting up 2 dvd's

George Hare wrote:
Hi All,
I have googled and read as much as I can find but nothing I found
tells me how to activate 2 dvd's. The one that came with the box can't
write dvd and so I bought a dual layer BENQ and had it installed at
the store. When I place a dvd in it, the green light flashes and when
I point Xine to dvd1 I get no MRL. Both appear in /dev with symlinks
as cdrom, cdrom1, cdwriter, cdwriter1, dvd, dvd1, and dvdwriter. When
I try to play a music cd, I get permission denied. I have no trouble
with the original, but can do nothing with the new one. If anyone can
help or point to where I can find help, it would be greatly
appreciated. I am running Fed4 on a 64 bit KV8 pro.
--
G. Hare

Did you run kudzu (hardware detection) after the second DVD drive was
installed?

I have similar situation as you, one CD-RW/DVD-ROM drive
and a DVD+-R/RW drive and everything works fine.

Here are the entries in my /etc/fstab about the drives:

/dev/hdd  /media/cdrecorder  auto  pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/hdc  /media/cdrecorder1 auto  pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

--Kenny