Re: Best/energy efficient CPU/Chipset/Motherboard for 64bit Fedora?

On Tue, 2006-01-03 at 07:42 +0000, James Wilkinson wrote:
> As for "what is not supported": what I meant was that everything I
> have tried works. Everything I haven't tried I don't know about,
> because I haven't tried it. I think that's mainly the IEEE 1394 and
> the SATA ports.
>
> Although having said that, the Usual Place says that the SATA side
> works ( http://linux.yyz.us/sata/sata-status.html ). And I've no
> reason to believe the 1394 ports won't work.

Makes me think that it'd be a very good thing if someone made some
testing kits that new board buyers could load, test everything out,
including things they're not likely to use, and produce a report.

I've seen so-called benchmarking programs for Windows, but they're
generally just megs/sec bragging sort of things.  Not a test that checks
that bits going through a port come out unscathed under certain
conditions, etc.

I read messages from the public lists.