Re: setting up LDAP authentication on Active Directory

Justin Zygmont wrote:
On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Guillaume wrote:

Hi guys,
for many times i try to configure a fedora 3/4 to authenticate user on
an active directory LDAP server. All my effort failled to make it
working. And then i search people who finely achieve the goal & can
help me. I work on it and try many configuration, and i don"t know
where i'm wrong and if you want i'll post it here...
So, if someone could help me it will be cool!!!

Is winbind what you are looking for?

Unfortunately, fc's samba is missing some necessary bits:
"--with-shared-modules=idmap_ad,idmap_rid"
http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/156810

-- Rex