Re: Eclipse & Oracle10g-EE

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 01:04:03 +0100, Tim <ignored_mailbox@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tim:
I don't have any particular problem with someone using free software to
make money out of it, if it's allowed.  But to *complain* about having
to pay for your tools when you're going to make money from the results
is hypocritical exploitative selfishness.

It seems to you misunderstand my voice. Perhaps because my composition was bad. It easily happens because english isn't my mother tongue. I do not complian. The GPL is one of the best thing the humanity ever made and received. I welcomed it the first time I read.

The reason I mentoined not to pay for a tool, is that sometimes one can't afford it. If I had the resource (and of course if my costumers had), I would pay for it gladly. Don't forget one thing: all life (and all thing in life) starts with some kind of selfishness from one, and some kind of selflessness from other.

Just what sort of attitude would you adopt if your customers, then,
decided that they wanted to use your tools without having to pay for
them?

You said I am hypocritical and selfish. Thank you, you are "really nice"! Think about the next a bit: What I wouldn't like is to profit someone from MY work. For example: let say I give someone something in any way even for free. Now, if he use it to make something more complex, I wouldn't stop him form profit from that extension in the way he likes to. He had worked for it. If I stopped him, that would be selffishness in my view.

Peter