Dell D810 thermal problem ... still

Is anyone else running FC4 on a Dell D810 laptop? I'm still having problems with thermal shutdown at 40-41 deg C. i8kmon (and my ears) confirms that the cooling fan is running at full speed. If I boot KNOPPIX, I never have a thermal shutdown even when the temperature goes as high as 55 deg C for an extended period. I have not been able to figure out what KNOPPIX (a Debian derivative) is doing different from FC4. I've been struggling with this for over two weeks now and I'm not any closer to a solution. I know Dell laptop BIOS and hardware sensors can be pretty kinky but this is reaching the point of desperation. Does anybody have any ideas, suggestions and/or experience with this problem that can help me get it resolved?

---
Rod