Re: is evolution really dependent on spamassassin?

Tim wrote:
On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 11:01 -0500, Amadeus W. M. wrote:

I haven't checked, but I bet there must be a compile option in the
evolution source that allows you to disable spamassassin. If I really
wanted to get rid of spamassassin, I'd download the evolution src.rpm,
hack it, change the spec file and rebuild it. But probably not worth
the trouble.

I'm considering it, because it's taking ages for filtering to complete
(nothing elaborate, either), and I'm registering DNS look-ups for all
the addresses in messages.
An undisabled spamassasin, despite my configuration options, is looking
like the culprit.

If you can't disable the use of spamassassin, removing it will likely
break E entirely.

--

Cheers
John