Re: Max usable disk space (Les Mikesell)

Jason Ragsdale wrote:
I will be putting /boot and /var /tmp onto 2 80gb RAID1 mirrored drives, the RAID5 Devices will be used for datastorage only.
<snip>

Note that you can't boot from partions over 2TB and I'm not
sure if grub knows enough to use them as the root partition
either.  With something that size, I think I'd put both
/boot and / on separate partitions, and perhaps leave spares
so that the next OS version could be loaded without destroying
the existing one to minimize chances of extended downtime
later.

For some systems, booting (kernel/initrd) from some kind of flash drive or card should work well.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait