From: "Roger Haase" <crosseyedpenguin@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 6:22 PM
Subject: Trying to boot Core 4 without a Monitor Attached

Hi,

I installed FC4 with KDE and used it as a desktop for a bit and now I
want to remove the monitor, mouse, and keyboard and use it as a server
for a short time while as I set up another system.

However, when I remove the monitor cable, the system does not boot --
it repeatable tries to access the CD every few seconds.  It boots with
the mouse and keyboard removed, and even if I power off the monitor.
Removing the monitor cable seems to cause the problem.

I would like to use the system as a desktop again later so I prefer not
to uninstall the KDE desktop.

Any ideas on what I can do to free up my monitor?

Roger