Re: Installing on an AMD K6-2-350

On 12/30/05, Mostafa Z. Afgani <mostafa.afgani@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> david wrote:
> > Chris
> >
> > The option of a "telnet" install has me mystified.  Can you point me to
> > some information?  Remember that the installation CD can't get beyond
> > "linux text"
> >
> > Yes, it has a NIC, and I do have broadband.
>
> I know that you have to use "linux askmethod". You'll have to figure out
> the rest.
>

> > David
>
> -M

1. Did you try to run the install GUI by just pressing the "Enter" key?

2. How much RAM does the machine have?  If it is less than 128MB I
would not bother with FC4. I stopped with FC3 on an old P2-133 which
has 96 MB RAM.

3. Assuming your system has enough RAM and your heart is still set on
FC4 try "Howto Install Fedora Core over NFS",
http://fedoranews.org/dowen/nfsinstall/