Re: disk problem

You are looking at the character device that is sitting on the dynamic /dev filesystem. That is the correct output to get but. Your disks would be mounted under /, /tmp, /var, and /usr or what you selected at install. just do a 'df -k' and you will see them.

-richard

Chris Norman wrote:
Hi people,
I have just put a 114 Gb disk in my machine and coppied a load of stuff over to it. The stuff seems fine, the disk is mounted on /media/hdb1 and I've remounted that folder to /var/ftp (for the ftp server). The only thing is, when I use df on either of my disks, I get this output:

[chris@bob ~]$ df /dev/hda
-                       249184       696    248488   1% /dev
[chris@bob ~]$ df /dev/hdb
-                       249184       696    248488   1% /dev
Is that right? Shouldn't it say "ext2" in the filesystem column???

Cheers,

Chris Norman
<!-- chris.norman4@xxxxxxxxxxxx -->
Selling cheap but functional shell accounts.