Re: Firefox 1.5 - build rpm

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 11:30 +0000, Joao Paulo Pires wrote:
> Hi all, I’ve installed Firefox 1.5 with tar, but when I start FF it’s
> old version. Where should I look for? TIA & HNW (Happy New Year),
> Joao.

Hi Joao;

You can build your own RPM for Firefox and Thunderbird and it will
overwrite the older version.  Also I find it useful to use

yum localinstall "path to the rpm"

The benefit of using yum localinstall is if there is a missing
dependency then it will automatically download it.

Here is the info on building Firefox and Thunderbird RPM's

Do this first:
http://www.fedoranews.org/tchung/rpmbuild/

Another method to create rpmbuild directory in your home directory is
using fedora-rpmdevtools
Thanks to Mr. Warren Togami's suggestion.

1) Install fedora-rpmdevtools binary RPM from Fedora Extras for your Fedora release.
   $ sudo yum install fedora-rpmdevtools

2) As a non-root user, run fedora-buildrpmtree to create rpmbuild directory.
   $ fedora-buildrpmtree

Do these next:

http://www.fedoranews.org/tchung/firefox/

http://www.fedoranews.org/tchung/thunderbird/

It has worked perfectly for me following the steps on those web sites.

Sincerely,
--
Gerald Thompson <geraldlt@xxxxxxxxx>