Re: Fedoracore Download ?

On Friday 30 December 2005 05:02, Michael Wright wrote:
>its the graphical login  that wont boot....

>>> FC4-I386-disc2.iso
>>> FC4-I386-disc3.iso
>>> FC4-I386-disc4.iso
>>> FC4-I386-rescuecd.iso
>>>
>>> Is that all i need to download ?
>>
>> You don't really need the rescuecd image, you can use disc1 as a
>> rescue CD, just type "linux text rescue" at the syslinux boot
>> prompt.
>>
>> Seriously, man, please use complete sentences and punctuation.  It
>> is really hard to figure out what you are asking.
>>
>> Thomas

This is getting past ridiculous and into the sublime I think, when the
problem might be fixed by booting to runlevel 3, and cd'ing
to /var/locks, and cleaning out the x related lockfiles.  Its worth a
look anyway, and far more educational than trying to make sense out of
shorthanded english when we don't know the shorthand version.  After
that, any other problems should be readily evident in the logs.