Re: Disk defragmenter in Linux

From: "Mike McCarty" <mike.mccarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

The fragmentation for your emacs is unbelievably high. I did not find anything yet fragmented in the hundreds, let alone several hundred extents. Are you using LVM? My system is setup in traditional partitions. LVM usage "seemed" slower in responsiveness, so I assumed it was more in fragments

Why "unvelievably"? Do you mean that you do not believe what my
system says? Or that you do not believe my e-mail? Or that you
find that it stretches your imagination? Or what?

Perhaps this is an Americanism. It is higher than one would believe
in a "fantasy story" but perforce must believe when seen in real life.
It does seem rather ridiculously or unbelievably or unrealistically or fish story high. But you have the numbers right in front of you.
So unbelievable or not it can happen. It certainly is fascinating
that it has.

How full is that file system?
{^_^}