Re: Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

Hi

Oh, come one! From the website: "...combination of stable and cutting-edge software..."

Cutting-edge software is rarely robust. That's why it's called "cutting edge."

That would be "bleeding edge". Its entirely possible to having cutting edge and robust software. Automating testing, better participation in rawhide, test releases and updates-testing and bug triaging to get feedback and fixes faster are some of the possible ways to improve it.

I was around when rawhide was created; its nature may have changed since then, but about the time of Valhalla it was a mismash of packages, whatever the Red Hatters were working on, and if Jeremy had recently released a new Anaconda it might even be installable, but there were many complaints that it wasn't.

Rawhide is a changing beast. Things evolve.

It was also used for unofficial fixes; this resulted in people thinking packages there were official.

There shouldnt be "unofficial fixes" in it now.

If you don't care for stability and/or want to help refine things, Fedora Core 5 beta (maybe blend in some rawhide?) is for you.

There is no beta releases for Fedora. Only test releases.

--
Rahul
Learn. Network. Experience open source.