might have been hacked?

We are running a dns server running bind 8. And also webmin. There were login attempts that showed up on the screen, and I checked the IPS, and they are websites from germany. What logs can I check to see if someone had successfuly logged in? Or where are places that I can search? Things that might be different? It seems as if a couple of our dns entries were deleted, but, doesn't show up in the log? Any help is appreciated thanks

martin