Re: Fedora community (Was: Revised Fedora Core website - Where are the links?)

John Summerfied wrote:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Alert: Australian vernacular follows.

Hi

Somewhere on the http://fedora.redhat.com home page should be placed a
notice of the transition to FedoraProject.org. (A link would be a nice
touch.) If visitors to the old site cannot find what they're searching
for they can go to the new site.  No need to google.
We havent made the decision yet.

Bullshit.

Making changes means a decision has been made.

As someone who is involved in the effort, I can guarantee you that no decision has been made yet.

Changing a website is _always_ problematic and will upset users with broken links, content they can't find and so on.

Actually deleting content with no replacement is plain barking stupidity.

Feel free to file bug reports. I didnt claim it was a perfect job. You can get involved and help instead of name calling.

As for the list archives, I can't actually check what access is available right now, but "club members only" is a fair description of any list where someone has to spend time and effort to subscribe and then unsubscribe. It's more than I will do to ask a simple question.

You dont have to subscribe to read the archives.

--
Rahul
Learn. Network. Experience open source.