RE: Why questions don't get answered, or "No, I've already RTFM, tell me the answer!"

On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 16:37, Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-12-29 at 15:29, Scot L. Harris wrote:
>
> > 5. Many feel it is better to teach people how to fish instead of just
> > giving them a fish.
>
> Yes, teach a man to fish and he'll waste the rest of his life
> in a boat with a 6-pack of beer...  Teach a man to search the
> internet and he'll leave you alone for at least a week.

I like that one!  :)

> > 10. It looks like the poster is trying to get others to do their
> > homework for them.   :)
>
> Actually the best way to do this is to post the wrong answer
> to your own question.  Someone will jump in immediately to
> correct it.

But many of the kids today are not that savvy.  Have seen a number of
blatant examples over the past few years.  Even saw one post a link to
the instructor's web site with the problem statement.  Sad, really
sad.