Re: mail server

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 17:54 +0500, azeem ahmad wrote:
> hi list
> on FC4 box which mail server is recomended regarding ease of configuration
> and security

Man, this is just begging for a holy war, isn't it?

The answer is, "go with the one you are most comfortable with."

So you need to figure out a couple of things.  Which one has the
documentation you find easiest to deal with?  Which one has the user
community you feel most comfortable with?  Which one is more intuitive
to use?

For me, I started with Sendmail about a decade ago, so I am most
comfortable with it.  It just makes sense to me, and I find Postfix a
royal PITA.  However, people who started off with Postfix think I'm a
loon.

Both work really well, and both are very full-featured.  Pick one and go
for it.

Thomas