Re: amd .vs intel....

Jeff Vian wrote:

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 02:04 -0500, Claude Jones wrote:
On Wed December 14 2005 1:31 am, taso wrote:
The best thing that could happen to Linux would be for Microsoft to stamp
out piracy.
The devil is in the details...
Sony CD's installing root kits...
Intel embedding code in the hardware to enforce licensing...

When you start using expressions like "stamp out" beware what you're asking for - you might get it.
and the DRM software that prevents non-drm-enabled PCs (read that as
non-Windows PCs) from playing DRM protected CDs
and the new Trusted Computing Platform chips that are being developed
for new motherboards.

Ah, yes, the myth of the Trusted Computing Platform rears its head again.

Hadn't seen it since I threw my "Red Book" on the bonfire.

-Philip

and .....

--
Claude Jones