Re: Moving a LVM to a new drive

LVM is very powerful in those cases:

If you want to move only a logical volume you can
create another identical logical volume (which uses
another hd and with the same number of extend) and
copy with dd the original partition in the new one.
The rescuecd could help you a lot in this situation.

If you want to remove all the hard drive you can use
the pvmove command. Before starting the operation be
sure you have enough free space in the volume group.
To increase the available space in the VG you can, for
example, add a new hd and create anothe Phisical
Volume on it.