Re: Copying IMAP spool from one server to another

On Sat, 10 Dec 2005, Les Mikesell wrote:

Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:44:34 -0600
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Copying IMAP spool from one server to another

On Sat, 2005-12-10 at 06:39, Dave MacRae wrote:
I've recently installed a Fedora 4 based system and want to use it as
my main mail server. I've installed dovecot and Squirrelmail
successfully and both work.

My issue is that my current mail spool is located on another server
(Dreamhost) to which I can't get direct access to the mail folders.

Is there an easy way to copy my mailspool from the existing server to
my new server?

If the servers are both available at the same time, any imap
client should be able to move messages between them.  For
example you can add the accounts to evolution (or outlook,
or thunderbird, etc.), create the folder structure you want
on the new server, then select and drag messages to them.
You can also move messages that you might have received
locally with pop with clients that do both.

Maybe mailutil or offlineimap can help? mailutil is part of uw-imap-utils package that can be obtained from Linva.org.

	HTH,
	Itay