Re: how is initial xorg.conf generated? any options for this?

Sergey wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: Skunk Worx <skunkworx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: how is initial xorg.conf generated? any options for this?
Date: Thursday 08 December 2005 11:38

2) Is there a way to set "no dri"? some machines are locking up randomly
on the first startx, they use the ATI radeon 7000 chip...commenting out
load dri fixes this, but is there a way to (by default) not have dri in
the initial xorg.conf creation?

That seems weird that DRI conflicts with your radeon videos. Are you sure the lockups caused by DRI extensions?

I can also confirm that load DRI was locking up my ATI Radeon 7500 intermittently on FC 4. This didn't start until I did a yum update several months down the road but I could never figure out which file caused the problem.