apache cannot be started

hello all,
i am using FC4 with apache package to set up a personal server.i followed the official instruction to install the apache package .no error was reported during instllation.however, when i type the command (path)/apachectl -l start, it reports that
(13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
(13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address 0.0.0.0:80
Unable to open logs

after i change the listening port in the httpd.conf from 80 to 8080,apache can start successfully.but the problem is i have to add ":8080" behide the ip address in order to visit my website.so someone pls help me solve this problem.i don care which port apache is listening.i just want to use an ip address or "localhost" without specifying ":8080" to visit my website.Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Yu Fan