Re: SU vulnerability

Sergey wrote:

I do realise that, however setting "wheel group" security option to /etc/pam.d/su has always been considered enough. For years. Until the USERMODE port, supposed to make the authentication process EASIER, has made the whole system vulnerable.

Why should I know that system-config-users has opened a security hole?

If you restrict only su to using the wheel group using pam none of the other programs which perform authentication is affected which includes system-config-users. If you want 'wheel' group support against other such programs feel free to file a request for enhancement against the particular packages preferably with patches.

regards
Rahul