Re: how is initial xorg.conf generated? any options for this?

Sergey wrote:

xorg.conf can also be generated by running Xorg -configure.

----- Original Message -----
From: Skunk Worx <skunkworx@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Three questions:

1) Is there a way to set a default resolution in the generated xorg.conf
file? Say 1024x768? would this even make sense not knowing the monitor type?

2) Is there a way to set "no dri"? some machines are locking up randomly
on the first startx, they use the ATI radeon 7000 chip...commenting out
load dri fixes this, but is there a way to (by default) not have dri in
the initial xorg.conf creation?

3) If 1) or 2) are not possible, is there a place to hook into the X
startup chain so i can run a script to make these mods?

Sounds good. I played with it today, and it looks like I can use :

1) system-config-display --noui and a set option to generate the skeleton xorg.conf file with a specific resolution.
2) remove "Load dri" with sed.
3) go into X11.

Thanks,
John