Re: libselinx-devel: Needed for vim?

Jeff Vian wrote:

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 19:44 -0800, Bill Rees wrote:
Jeff Vian wrote:

On Wed, 2005-12-07 at 18:33 -0800, Bill Rees wrote:

I downloaded the vim source code in fc 4 and behold. It requires libselinux-devel sources in order to compile but I cannot find that srpm on fedora.redhat.com/download. I can find libselinux itself which I'm tyring now to see if that will work but I'll have to dummy up a .pc file to satisfy the configure script. Would someone clue me in on where libselinux-devel.srpm lives?

Bill Rees

Maybe I don't understand what you need, but why roll your own from
source when vim is part of the distribution and the RPMs are there?
Yum will install vim and all the needed requisites (if any) for you.

Is there something special you are doing to vim that requires it be
other than the distributed version??

Well there are a couple of fixes to vim in fc4 that I want on my fc2 system so I cannot really install the rpms, at least I don't think so (gcc4 versus gcc3). The fixes to vim are a better integration with tag files that will display all definitions for a tag so you can choose which one vim goes to. The fc2 vim just goes to the first one so I'm running across several bad tag references. Naively, I thought I could find the srpms and then build everything needed.

That makes sense now.  You did not say what version of FC you were
using, and mine with FC4 has everything I use, but then I don't stretch
most things to the limit either.

I certainly see where going from FC2 to FC4 versions would give added
features.

Sorry I didn't say that in the first place, thanks for staying with me.

bill